The factory warranty period for the SolarRiver and SolarLake Series inverters is 66 months (5.5 years) from the date of production from Samil Power Co, Ltd. No.6 Xuefengshan Road, Suyu Economic Development Zone, Suqian, Jiangsu, P.R. China 223800.
You can also purchase an extension of this Samil Power factory warranty within 24 months from the date of manufacturing.Please see the Samil Power price list for further information.
In case of a faulty inverter during the agreed Samil Power factory warranty period, please report defective inverters with a brief error description to our service hotline for logging and send your warranty card to our service department by fax/email to process the warranty claim if you use the inverter for purposes of your self-employed business or professional activity. You may also contact your specific dealer or installer if your unit is defective or faulty.
If you are a private end-user, please contact your installer, or any Samil Power authorized Dealer or Distributor.
To make a claim under the warranty terms of Samil Power, you will need to supply us with the following information and documentation regarding the faulty inverter:
• Product Model No. (e.g. Solar River 3300TL) and serial number (e.g.S3310C4005).
• Copy of the invoice and warranty certificate for the inverter.
• Error message on LCD screen (if available) and additional information regarding the fault/error.
• Detailed information about the entire system (modules, circuits, etc.).
• Documentation of previous claims/exchanges (if applicable).
If an inverter fails while it is under Samil Power Factory Warranty, it will be:
• Repaired by Samil Power, or
• Repaired on-site, or
• Exchanged with a refurbished inverter that includes all firmware updates
If the inverter needs to be exchanged, the remainder of the factory warranty entitlement will be transferred to the replacement unit, i.e. the warranty period of 66 months from production of the original device will continue. In this event, you will not receive a new certificate, as this replacement will be registered by Samil Power. If the remaining warranty period is less than one year, you will automatically receive a full year warranty for the remaining warranty period of the replacement unit.
This factory warranty includes the cost to Samil Power for work and material necessary to regain faultless functioning. All other costs, particularly transport-, travel- and accommodation cost of Samil Power personnel as well as costs of your own staff are not included in the factory warranty. Furthermore, claims for compensation for direct or indirect damages arising from the defective inverter are not covered by this factor warranty.
For return transportation, inverters or components must be packed in their original or equivalent packaging.
Samil Power keeps the right to arrange the warranty service for end users and to use third parties for performing warranty works.
All warranty services are free of charge only if the course of action is agreed with Samil Power in advance.
SCOPE OF THE MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
To provide excellent Service to Samil Power’s end users, all Samil Power authorized Dealers or Distributors are requested to respond to your warranty claim. Samil Power will replace any products or parts of the product during the Warranty Period proved to be defective in design or manufacture. Any defect caused by the following circumstances will not be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty (the Dealers or Distributors are responsible and authorized by Samil Power for the following investigation:
• “Warranty Card” not being sent back to Distributor/Dealer or Samil Power;
• The Product has been modified, its design has been changed or parts have been replaced by parts not approved by Samil Power;
• Changes have been made, or repairs been attempted by non Samil Power technician, or series number or seals have been erased;
• The Product has been installed or commissioned incorrectly;
• You or another user have failed to comply with the safety regulations (VDE standards or equivalent);
• The Product has been improperly stored and damaged while being stored by you, the Dealer or the end user;
• The defect is a transport damage (including painting scratch caused by movement inside packaging during shipping). A claim for such transport damage should be made directly to shipping company/insurance company as soon as the container/packaging is unloaded and such damage is identified;
• You or another user have failed to follow any/all of the user manual, the installation guide and the maintenance regulations;
• The device has been used improperly misused;
• Insufficient ventilation of the device;
• The maintenance procedures relating to the product have not been followed to an acceptable standard;
• The defect has been caused by force majeure (violent or stormy weather, lightning, overvoltage, fire etc.).
• The damage is only cosmetic and has no impact on the functioning of the device
This factory warranty is without prejudice to your rights under statutory law, including but not limited to warranty rights in relation to the seller, i.e., if applicable rectification, reduction of the price, rescission of the sale and damages.
All demands from or in connection with this factory warranty are subject to Chinese law, Shanghai is the exclusive place of jurisdiction and all disputes arising from or in connection with this factory warranty should be submitted for arbitration to the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission.
EXTENTION OF WARRANTY PERIOD
For inverters (Solar River and Solar Lake Series) you may apply for a warranty extension up to 24 months from the date of production from Samil Power by providing the serial number of the unit. Samil Power may reject any application received which does not meet the date requirement. Extended warranty can be purchased for 10, 15, 20 or 25 years. For more details please refer to the Warranty Extension Order Form.
Once the purchase of the warranty extension has been processed, Samil Power will send the warranty extension certificate to the customer confirming the extended warranty period.
Latest information on the terms of warranty and local service hotline can be obtained from our website: www.samilpower.com